Tuesday, March 22, 2011

5k Progress

If you recall, just under a month ago I talked about my first 5K attempt on the treadmill to get a baseline.  And here I am, a month later, still going at it.  And day after day, mile after mile, I don't notice the changes and the success (though yesterday, with my longest 'running' time, I did notice that) but sometimes  I need to stop and look at the hard facts.

Just under a month ago, I walked 3.10 miles in 61:18.  That's not bad, but I knew I could do better, and if my goal is to do it in 45 minutes or less in September, I have a lot of work ahead of me.  So I did just that. I worked really hard once March started to try and make sure every day I do at least a mile worth of work, whether it's my bike or my treadmill.

So this is a reminder of last time:

Feb 22, 2011


And today:

March 21, 2011


And, because I wanted to see how far I've come, I continued my walk, until I hit 61:18 (though I will admit, I slowed down by that point):


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...