Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We finally got on the same page

A while ago I mentioned that husband and I had completely different workout styles and they were not compatible. This was pretty intrusive on our workout and fitness efforts. I think we've figured out a way to remedy this

I go running once a week and he comes to the park to support me, while taking random pictures of the park, or doing work.  Knowing he's there as support is great, but yet he doesn't have to run, which he doesn't enjoy - at all.


Then when I'm at yoga, which I like to do once or twice a week - he goes for bike rides, which he loves.  He's been riding lately in preparation for the American Diabetes Tour de Cure that he's riding here in a few weeks.


And then - to make sure we get time together - on the weekends we go hiking.  It's outside and naturey - which he likes.  And it's getting in miles, which I enjoy (I don't really care how I get them in). I've slowly started taking to the trails and accepting that bugs are touching me.  It's been a slow process, but I'm getting there.


How do you and your significant other work out together?



3 comments:

Julie @ ROJ Running said...

GREAT finish! I am so proud of you. Now I'm wishing I would have gotten up to volunteer so I could have cheered you in.

Kelly said...

Nice job!!! I'm happy for you and even though I don't know you, I'm proud of you for not giving up:)
Have you set you sights on another race?

Susan said...

thanks guys :) I will do another one, I'm not sure I can fit one in this summer though. So I am looking at Aug-October to try again!

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...