Friday, March 25, 2011

Workout Personalities Clashing it Out

http://www.visualphotos.com

I love hubby - don't get me wrong, but dang-it if I don't want to work out with the guy. I hate talking during a workout. If it's a casual walk - yes, bring on the chatter. But for all other times, I don't want to talk. I like to sort things out in my head, crank up the music and go! I want to get out and get moving. Enter: the dilemma. 

He needs to exercise, and he was on a great routine for a while. Now that I have been kicking it up a notch, I realize he's taken his down a notch. We are two totally different workout personalities. I like to take fitness classes and work out at home. He hates classes, and can't work out at home because he doesn't focus, so he needs to go to the gym.

I like to walk and am trying to run, he hates running - give him a bike and let him be. I like biking casually, but I have no interest in trekking miles on my bike, nor does my butt!  He likes to talk about his day and talk out things, where as I want to turn the ipod on and tune the world out.  He likes scenery and being outside. I hate the elements. I don't want to see the trail, the sun, the animals or feel the dirt.  I like my treadmill, in my basement, staring at a wall, because I look down when I'm on it anyways.

So how have I been making it work? I work out after work (I get home about an hour or so before him), and then, when he gets home, if he didn't go to the gym, I go out - again, for a casual walk. I know *any* exercise is better than none, but 30 minutes around the neighborhood isn't going to cut it. I mean that would be nice occasionally, but he really needs to get going to the gym and get an hour in more than he is. I keep bringing it up, and he keeps getting further annoyed. So I stopped. And I will keep dragging him out (hey an extra 30 minute certainly won't kill me!) but I'm just so frustrated. We are complete opposite for exercise and it's getting really hard to find a nice balance!


No comments:

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...