Monday, March 21, 2011

Best "Run" Yet

I like to use Sunday as a day to gauge my progress in my weight loss efforts. I usually weigh in on Sundays  and Thursdays, and I usually do a workout on Sunday that is either the longest, or fastest to see my progress.  Yesterday, I got on the treadmill, and figured I'd just jog it out and see how far I could go. I was encouraged after reading Cupcake Dream's experience.  She was talking about how she just went out and kept saying they were only at a mile, and kept pushing to do a little more, and by the time they finished - they had done like 4+ miles...

So that kind of stuck around in my head.  I hopped on the treadmill and figured I'd see how far I could go just jogging (4.0 mph).  The most I had previously done was 3 minutes, without feeling like I wanted to die.  So I was jogging along and actually hit my 3 minute mark OK.  Then a new song came on and I told myself I'd just do one more song on my iPod.  Then that ended, and I figured, I could do one more.  Towards the end of this song I started wondering how much further I could go. I peeked at the distance and saw that I was at around the .7 mile mark and I just wanted to make it to .75, then when I hit .77 I knew I could make it to .8 and I did.  .8 however though was where I had to crank it down and walk the rest of the .2.

So now, next week - the goal will be to jog the entire mile! 




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is awesome! I find that I will also say "ok, one more song" and that works. Way to go!!!!

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...