Sunday, May 15, 2011

Power Song

Today I was running wogging around the local park in hopes of getting in another 5k time to help prepare me for my race coming up. Just like I mentioned the other day, I struggle midway... I am sure everyone has a point where they are struggling. I was really rough this morning, while I had plenty of sleep I was NOT hydrated enough. At one point I wanted to stop and cry... So I walked, and walked, and continued to walk some more.  I wasn't letting myself quit. So I turned my Nike+ on to the 5k program and it was counting down for me. I got to where it was at the 400 meter mark, and I have no idea what I was thinking, but in my head I looked at what I had left on my path, and knew that was wayyyy too long and it was starting to rain heavier, so I cut across the park, only to find myself significantly shorter than intended. Go figure...

Either way - I got 2.96 miles done in 51 minutes.  I WILL finish this 5k, but it will not be as speedy as I hoped.  I'm trying not to talk myself down about it, because I'm going to do regardless, but I just feel silly knowing I can't jog the whole thing.  I feel like I don't belong on it.

Anyways - enough pity talk.  I was halfway through the wog today and a song came on, perfectly timed. It's an odd choice, I know - but Kristtinia Debarge has a song called "Sabotage".  And while it's not about working out (clearly) the lyrics were PERFECT timing. As I was convincing myself I couldn't do it and needed to quit, this song came on and I realized, that's exactly what I was doing.

So here's the lyrics, and again - I know this song isn't a typical power song and I normally wouldn't consider this as a motivational song on my playlist, but I found it ironic that it came on when I was ready to quit. I didn't even realize I put it in that playlist.

What is your power song to keep you going?


1 comment:

Amy said...

Paramore - Miracle! It pulled on a Genius playlist and it is conveniently right where I need it... after about 10 minutes, when I want to quit, it comes on.

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...