Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sleeves - Am I asking too much?

I have been trying to buy some new shirts for work because I've gone down a size, almost two, from what my current tops are. I've been everywhere I normally go - Avenue (seriously lacking choices), Lane Bryant and LB Outlet. I then decided I scope out Sears , Macy's and JC Penny. As if that isn't enough I've been online checking out Old Navy and Ashley Stewart. And everywhere I go, I'm coming up with the same problem. No sleeves. I like sleeves. I NEED sleeves for work.

 Yes, I get it, layering is in. Let's make me wear a cami under my see through sleeves shirt, and then toss a cardigan on over it. That's great for some but I don't want to. I don't want to have to constantly throw a cardigan or blouse over my shirt that I bought because it's adorable, but yet some idiot decided sleeveless is necessary. My workplace is air conditioned and our dress code requires sleeves, I can't be the only one out there. I don't want to have to buy 3-4 tops just to get one look together. I don't have the time, effort or money for that. If you're going to make me layer, then discount your clothes accommodating that option.

Because I need clothes, I had to settle for some JCP clearance rack deals (which were great this weekend, btw) and settled on three tops.  All three have sleeves, one though of course, see-through, requiring a cami.

Am I the only one out there who still wants sleeves?

1 comment:

Amy said...

No you're not asking too much! I love sleeves -- I don't feel comfortable with my arms to flaunt them on a daily basis. There's a time and a place and work isn't it.

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...