Friday, April 22, 2011

So what if my downward dog is struggling...

Don't do me any favoursImage by Sergi Monsegur via FlickrI have been going to a basic yoga class at Yoga Bliss for a few weeks now.  My first class was tough, but it didn't discourage me.  Then I found an amazing instructor, Maria who takes everything slow and gentle. She really gives me something to look forward to every week.

Do I struggle with some of the positions? Yes.  Do I care? I did. I stopped caring about three classes ago. I have come to accept the fact that I'll get there.  I have never felt like I've been in a more accepting studio.  Not only are the instructors non-judgmental and accepting, but the people who go there.  That wasn't my experience at a previous studio.  I would have people glance over at me and one lady even rolled her eyes as I was trying to regain my balance.  Rude.

I recently went on a Tuesday, where there is a bit more intense, beginner class, and I made it through - which felt good, but I felt like my mind wasn't doing the yoga with me.  You know how when you're there you can just clear your mind and feel your body and let things go? Yeah - The Tuesday class didn't do that for me. I was so focused on everything and just whether or not I was doing something right, that I felt feeling nice and stretched, but still all clustered in my mind.  I never hit that point.  So I think while I'll keep that class occasionally so that I can work up to feeling comfortable there, I like my Thursday class the most.   I'm know I need to step out of my  comfort box occasionally so I will.

Last night though, she read a little section from Lissabliss blog and it was perfect, so I wanted to share a small portion (Please go here to read the whole thing, it's worth it!)


Each time you limit or judge yourself, you do a disservice to yourself and your life. Start praising yourself. Start seeing your dreams as reachable. Start expanding your reality. Be yourself. Live your life. Go after all that you want in life. Invent your dreams and your life.
Affirmation: I am worthy. I am abundance. I am limitless. Believe it. Know it. Embrace it. Live it. Say this affirmation to yourself each day and feel your life start to open up for you.

I really needed to hear that. And I needed to share it, because I know I'm not the only one ou there that needed that.

Happy Friday.



1 comment:

April said...

I struggle with "what will people think" when at the gym. But I try to keep it in check with "at least I am moving and doing something" and I can't wait for the affirmation when someone new sees me running on the treadmill and I get that look of 'wow, check it out, she's doing it.:) until then, I'm the one looking at myself saying it. Keep up the good work.

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...