Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Where did June come from?

I can't believe it's June already.  We are pretty much halfway through the year.  I know, I know.  July 1 is technically our half-way point, but let's be real.  December flies by. We barely even know it's December and suddenly we're celebrating New Years.  Regardless - I totally slacked the last month (or two?) and didn't break down my goals. So, I'm planning ahead and doing this the night before ;)

My goals for June:


1. Allow myself time to fully heal from my upcoming surgery, and keep my fingers crossed it's my last.  I never allow myself to just rest after surgery.  I need to do that this time.

2. Meet someone new.  Whether it's someone I've talked to but never met through here, or whether it's someone new at the gym.  I'm going to say hello.  I realized that sometimes I just get so wrapped up in what I'm doing that I totally lose focus on everything around me, making me miss out on opportunities that are floating around.

3. Try something new.  I don't really care what, just something different, and out of my element.

4. Acceptance.  Accept wherever I am in life at that current moment.  I may not be able to change some things, but I can change how I look at them.

This is an interesting month for me.  I still plan on doing the basics - exercise, water, etc.  But it's been an interesting few months and I need to remember that those goals only address one area of my life, and I need make sure I'm addressing the other end of the spectrum.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

i love goals #2 and #4 - things we often forget that are so important! also, love that you have +1 installed :)

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...