Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Snack Time! WW - Style, of course

Whenever someone talks about snacks, I assume the only healthy snack out there is some granola or fruits and veggies. I mean people criticize everything out there at some people consider a healthy snack. So I took my love for Self magazine and went hunting. They recently had a list of the 50 healthiest snacks, and so I went through checking to see what they listed, that I enjoy.  I wanted to check the new Weight Watchers Points Plus values though, because snacks can be the downfall to my daily routine!

Almonds can always help keep me full and are a great snack throughout the day. While there's a huge variation in type of almond you could buy - I generally range my snack at about 10 almonds for 2 points.  I like almonds because they are super crunchy, which gives me that chewing feeling for a while, and because I don't eat a ton at a time, making it easier to spread it out.


Laughing Cow (Garlic and Herb) Light Wedges - yum! Add a handful of special K crackers (like 5).
The cheese wedge is only a point, so your snack can go up or down depending on the crackers you pick.  I personally love the special K crackers.  They're easy for me to portion out and grab to go. So if I take my cheese wedge and my handful of crackers, (a serving size of 24 crackers is 3 points, I usually take about 10-12) I call it a day with a 3 point snack.  Am I over-estimating, maybe.  But that one point I over-estimate won't kill me, and I'd rather go with one over than under-estimate and overeat.


Fruit! I am not sure if I love the fact that these are free on the Points Plus program. I feel like some fruit is really high in sugar and calories, and while I'm going to limit those - they're technically free, so make sure you get your fruits and veggies in throughout the day.  I will say - having the green smoothie the other day though really helped me get some servings in and was delicious!


Another variation of fruit is the Healthy Helpings Fruit and Sauce - these are delicious. You can get them in flavors like Apple Blend, Strawberry Blend and then Berry Blend.  They are super tasty!


Back to Nature Honey Graham Sticks are super tasty.  You can have 7 for four points.  I know it's a little higher than some of the others, but the taste is such a treat in the afternoon. I tried them from a friend, had 3 or 4, and was satisfied with just those, getting my sweet fix in.



And one that wasn't on their list, my favorite when I need that salty, sweet mix to top off a day - a Special K Chocolate Pretzel bar.  Oh those are delicious and only 2 WWPP points! I mean really - how can you go wrong?Publish Post

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...