Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ouch, Oh, Ouch - Help for the Hamstrings

I did a great workout on Sunday, but have been paying for it Monday and Tuesday.  I decided today I need to start doing a better job stretching my hamstrings. I can't be waddling up and down the steps during class change, I'll never get anywhere, not to mention I've been aiming for 10K + steps a day! It's getting tricky when it hurts to move.

So a few stretches I did this morning, and will do tonight after work in hopes of making it easier when I head to the gym or towpath tonight.

There are a lot of stretches to choose from - but my top three are ones I can easily do at home, and if I can get some alone time on my break at work - I can do in the afternoon.  The last one I can even do with students in my classroom as long as they're working on something and not staring at me.

1. Chair- Stretch

From Halhigdon

This has been the most helpful to me honestly.  I am not sure why, maybe because it's easier to do at my own pressure, but it's been what is helping me get through the day.  Now to figure out a way to do it and not look awkward with kids in my class...

2. Laying on back

From MayoClinic


Awkward.  I can do this in the morning and at night, but I can't do this mid-day while I'm at work, and that's when I really need a quick stretch to get through the afternoon.

3: Cross-Legged stretch

From exrx


This is a perfect stretch for throughout the day.  I can do this with kids in my room as long as they're working and I'm not lecturing. I can squeeze it in between class changes as well.  Wish I had thought of doing this yesterday...

Got a favorite hamstring stretch? Let me know! 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...