Thursday, January 6, 2011

But I want it now!!!

So I often slip into 'must have, right now' mode... I'm very much an instant gratification type of person. But about 5 (ok, maybe 6 or 7) years ago - Merrell made this awesome pair of tennis shoes that shortly after I bought, they completely discontinued.  I forked over $90 for them (and back then, I thought that was a lot) and got them in yellow. Then a few months later they were on clearance (should have been my first sign) in a blue.  Not one single pair since those shoes has ever, ever compared, and I have been so sad.  I've bought Merrell work shoes, but not tennis shoes, and now that I'm working out again  - I miss them.  I wish I knew the name to see if someone on ebay has them... They were just perfect.  Thin soles, not to chunky and bulky like a lot of their tennis shoes now, and a lightweight shoe... and pretty, the shoes now have taken such a rugged look. Oh how I miss them.

I know it seems silly to be that attached to a pair of shoes, but if you know me - you know once I've made up my mind - that's kind of the end of it.  Like the black Sugar shoes I HAD TO HAVE, that I saw for 2 minutes briefly in Canada, and spent a fortune to buy a similar pair on ebay only to have them not fit at all. So sad.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...