Thursday, February 17, 2011

Because I want it...

13, 15 and 17 inchs MacBook Pro unibodyImage via WikipediaI am impulsive.  When I want something - I think about it constantly until I get it.  This is true for materialistic items.  In terms of me wearing a size 4, well that just stays out in some other motivational land, and I'm not really sure why.  I need to work on that.

However, I am on the hunt for a new mac.  I realize now that I have my new Samsung Fascinate, and I sit at a computer most of the day for work, I rarely ever touch this computer when I come home.  I mean I love my mac, it's not even two years old yet - but do I really need it hogging up all this space? Probably not.  So I'm considering a Macbook Pro.  This way I could take up less space on my desk and I could have it upstairs, outside, where-ever.  I hate car rides, I could take it with me in the car and play on it. Write blog posts (lets be real, we know I won't be doing that).  But really - I think that's the best option for me. I heard through the rumor mill that a new Macbook Pro is coming out. If that's the case - I know that the used / refurb section of the Mac Store will fill up with all the old models... But can I wait? Do I want to wait? Can I wait - probably.  Do I want to? No. The liklihood of me holding out is minimal right now.  It's either that or buy a new car, and being realistic, the laptop is more affordable.  Right now, as it stands I can get a 15" either refurbed or new (with my teacher discount) for about $1700. That's a hunk of change. However, if I check out Best Buy - I might be able to get something a bit more workable because of their financing options.

So yes, I'll admit it, technology is my weakness. And sadly - I'm OK admitting it.  At least I don't have like 900 pairs of the same earrings and 40 purses when I only use one.  I use my technology, so therefore I want good technology!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

She knows the buttons to push...

Nearly everything she does, she pushes my buttons.  She looks at you with this squinty smirk and answers questions in the bitchiest way she ...